CALL FOR SYMPOSIUM PROPOSALS Aug. 21-25, 2017, Beijing, China
The 12th International Congress of Ecology (INTECOL 2017 Beijing) will be held in Beijing, China, August 21-25, 2017. As the host of the congress, the Ecological Society of China (ESC) warmly welcomes ecologists, environmental policy makers and practitioners to join this Congress from all over the globe. The theme of the congress is “Ecology and Civilization in a Changing World,” which will focus on harmonious and sustainable development among people, nature, and society in the context of global change.
Thematic topics of the congress:
– Ecosystem services and management
– Global climate change and ecosystem adaptation
– Urbanization and regional environmental change
– Biogeochemical cycling and ecosystem health
– Ecological degradation and ecosystem restoration
– Environmental stress and biodiversity conservation
– Industrial ecology and green economy
– Molecular ecology and evolution
– Landscape pattern, process and sustainability
– Ecohydrology and watershed management
– Paleoecology, ecological dynamics and environmental assessment
– Agroecology, sustainable agriculture and rural development
Call for symposia
To promote collaboration and interdisciplinary dialogue, we invite you to propose symposia with specific topics. Proposals are encouraged to address the congress theme, if appropriate, but doing so is not necessary. Any timely and coherent subject of broad ecological interests will be considered. We also welcome proposals that explore interdisciplinary connections with areas of social and natural science outside of ecology. Each symposium should have 8 to 10 speakers (15 min. presentations plus 5 min. discussions). The content of symposium should follow the form given in the attachment.
More information on the 12th International Congress of Ecology, please visit the website: www.intecol2017.org.